Thursday, April 22, 2010

Yo Sweetness!

CPK's Mayan Chocolate Cake, P160.
This is a cake with a kick. When the waitress served this cake, I was disappointed because the cake was so small. I even asked where's the cake? But while eating the cake, I was glad for its cute size because it was hot, as in, spicy hot. I woudn't be able to finish it if it were a regular-sized cake. Thank God for the vanilla ice cream, its coolness tempered the spiciness of the cake. 


Jose Karlo Cafe, Tacloban City.  JK is the Waray version of Starbucks. This is a charming cafe with a homey ambiance that makes a great tambayan. It offers decent coffee and pastries and has free wifi. 

Strawberry cheesecake - Moist and creamy, a delightful treat.


Chocolate Almond Ganache - I found this dry and uninspiring, to think, this was JK's bestseller.

Brownies - same reaction to the ganache


No comments: