Wednesday, April 21, 2010

BAKA #@%$^&!

Warning: This is a profanity-laced entry.

I feel stupid, stupid, stupid. How can I misunderstand such a seemingly simple thing??? No wonder, I kept saying that our Manila to LA flight, with lay-overs in Guam and Honolulu is fucked-up. From the moment I booked this flight until early this morning, I viewed/understood our itinerary as follows:

Manila to Guam         3 May 2010           Dep 1055p
                                                               Arv  430a

Guam to Honolulu     4 May 2010           Dep 630a
                                                               Arv 555p

Honolulu to LA         3 May 2010           Dep 825p
                                                              Arv 500a

Btw, that is also how our e-ticket looks like, more or less.

I even proclaimed with amusement how fucked up our body clocks would be since we will have a 3 May-4 May-then back 3 May time/date distortion. I always thought/understood that we will be arriving in LA on 3 May 2010, 500am since the only date that we saw on the Honolulu to LA flight was 3 May 2010.

IDIOT!!!

Good thing that J checked our flight itinerary last night and discovered that there was a discrepancy in our e-ticket to that of the airlines online site. On the online site, our flight details clearly showed that we will arrive in LA on 4 May 2010, 500am. I guess we were both in denial since we believedthe airlines misprinted the ETA on our e-tickets. Ordinarily, this would not really be a problem but we booked a flight going to NY on 4 May 2010, 700a. Thus, it would like an amazing race for us to rush from one terminal to the other excluding the time at the immigration. Plus, we planned on checking in our luggage. Again, we would not have booked our NY flight close to our ETA in LA if we did not believe that our ETA was on 3 May 2010.

I went to the airlines this morning ready to demand that they book an earlier flight for us on the premise that there was something wrong in their ticket database or for misprinting the date of arrival on our e-tickets. It took only a minute of explanation from the snobbish airline ground crew for me to realize how stupid I was. Whhyyyyyy???????? It is not as if it is our first time to travel in the US, so how can this happen to us.

But to make things worse, I hated that snootiness of the ground crew (or am I just that upset), she had the gall to ask how come I did not bother to verify our ETA when I bought the ticket and she said that it's impossible for me to misunderstand since they brief everyone, upon receipt of the ticket, of the flight itinerary. I told the geddemit bitch that i'm pretty sure I was not briefed of our itinerary since I would not be stupid enought to book our NY flight close to our ETA (of course, I did not use the word stupid, lest she agrees).

Aaaaaaaiiisssssshh.

Now, this is a FuCK Up.

No comments: