Tuesday, July 20, 2010

La Maison

J was pestering me all weekend on how he was hankering for steak but I did not share his craving because we just had one that week at Myron's, plus this steak hang-up is becoming an expensive fixation.

For unknown reasons, I finally indulge in J's request (maybe because we watched the Man vs. Food steak challenge episode last weekend and the idea of eating steak was planted in our subconsciousness, aha INCEPTION much?!).

We scouted the GB5 area and we were about to settle in this restaurant besie Chateau 1551 (I don't remember the name) but as we entered teh resto I noticed that the the atmosphere was full of smoke and the smell of the food was all over the restaurant like you were in a sizzling house. The smell would surely stick in our clothes and I hate that when it happens. So J and I ended up at La Maison.

It's only our second time dining here. The first time was like years ago and it was the birthday treat of our friend, thus, we were not familiar with the costs of dining here (which we later found out to be costly!, hehe). I don't what happened to this restaurant but it used to be full but now it is almost deserted (is it because of the location? it's located at the 3rd level of GB5, away from the rest of the dining scene at the ground level).

















So-so complimentary bread.


















Love their ceiling decorations with "salakot" lamps


















I had filet mignon, medium. Tender, succulent and delicious.

















J's order, Rib-eye Steak. It was also delicious.

















After this happy and heavy meal, we watched Inception again at our best-kept secret cinema.

No comments: