Friday, July 16, 2010

Chocolate Fire

Typhoon Basyang hit Manila like a mad lola, which resulted in widespread blackout. J and I were bumming around the house enduring the heat and darkness.


















Thus, we went out for a walk, and along the way, I was able to convince J to drop by a dessert place I have been reading about in the net, Chocolate Fire at Salcedo Village.


















Chocolate Fire offers a wide variety of chocolates, all were mouthwatering that made J and I both confused and excited on what to order. It was overwhelming that we ended up just ordering the safe and usual stuff:
1. a slice of chocolate ganache cake, P170. There was nothing extraordinary about this cake. I've eaten better-tasting and less expensive ganache cakes.


















2. a bar of rocky road chocolate, P144. From the looks of it, it seems like a typcial chocolate bar but this turned out to be a super yummy chocolate bar. It was not too sweet and the fillings complemented each other. Too bad, it was kind of pricey.


















3. Australian style chocolate milkshake, P150. The taste and texture of thiis shake caught us by surprise. We were expecting a typcial thick and super rich taste but it was the exact opposite. I found it strange at first but it took only a few more sips to make me love this drink. I like its smooth texture and it is not too sweet and heavy in the tummy. I researched a bit and found out that Australian milkshake is really smooth and "thin" and their counterpart for typical American milkshake is called a "thickshake". I really love it and best of all, I did not suffer from lactose intolerance -sweet!

No comments: