Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Movie Marathon

I watched a total of 4 movies last weekend.

I had low expectations for all the movies except for Emir. I'm happy to say that i enjoyed watching all of them.

Friday. Emir is a full-length musical movie about the adventures of an OFW. I like the movie even though some parts were a bit boring. The songs and choreography were great and the screenplay realistic and at the same time witty. I'm happy that the Philippine cinema has produced, for once, a happy and positive movie about OFWs.
















Saturday. Prince of Persia is based on a playstation game. I used to play this that's why I could relate to the movie, especialll the stunts. It's a typical action adventure movie with a dash of comedic relief. J and I enjoyed this movie, it exceeded our low expectations.
















Sunday. Karate Kid is a remake of the 80's classic of the same title. J dragged me to watch this movie even if i was not interested because I did not like the trailer and I did not want it to ruin my memories of the first movie. Thank God, the movie turned out to be entertaining and we totally enjoyed the movie. We were impressed with Jaden Smith's acting. The kid knows how to act, has comedic timing, and can even dance. J was happy because parts of the movie paid tribute to the original like the mosquito scene, the iconic "karate" stance, and the last part during the tournament. 

















Monday. Shrek is the last installment of the popular series. The movie was entertaining, not as great as the first and second, but, it is way better than the third.

No comments: