Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Vain Pain

Last week, i had my third and supposed to be final gown fitting. I was shocked to see that my gown became too tight for comfort. Perhaps, they had my measurements wrong or i gained weight at the wrong places, specifically at the puson area. I cannot possiblly afford to look like a suman on my Big Day! (Note: i'm not that vain, but the Big Day comes only once in a lifetime so i might as well look fab)

Thus, I decided to enroll at a nearby gym even if it is not part of my budget. My main goal would be to look "toned" , and it would be a bounus if I can lessen the bulge or tighten the muscles at the puson area. For my first two visits, I availed of the free personal trainer sessions. Tuesday, my personal trainer, is nice and lenient. She always accedes to my requests like she does not push me so hard because she can see that i'm dying while the weights (exagg), i always asks for several timeouts and for lighter weights, etc. Of course, i know i'm cheating myself. But what i can do, this is a complete turnaround from my usual routine. I've never been athletic and always maintained a sedentary lifestyle. Right now, my entire body is in pain. But they say that if i do this regularly (Good Lord help me) my body would get used to it. So, on with the program, no pain no gain!

Anyways, i hope i can do better in my next visit and take up the challenge, not for vanity sake but for the reason that i enrolled for a 12month membership, sayang naman ang pera. It would be a real pain to see my money down the drain.

No comments: